The Secret to Smooth Skin
We all want smooth skin; it makes us feel younger and healthier. It smooths out wrinkles and keeps us looking younger and more refreshed. But finding the right smooth skin cream or lotion can be difficult. There are many brands and kinds out there. And many claim to have the best creams or lotions in town.
To find the best skin smoothing products, you need to know the ingredients and active ingredients in each one. This can be an intimidating task because the ingredient list for most cosmetics can be confusing and sometimes misleading. To simplify matters, we offer these top tips below. If you like upping your at-home regimen, treating yourself to a smooth skin product, or seeking out a medical remedy, there are lots of ways to have smooth skin without breaking the bank or spending hours in the bathroom.
The first step in smooth skincare is to take care of yourself. Your daily diet plays a huge role in your skin tone and texture. If you’re not getting enough nutrients from the foods you eat, you may end up with dryer, wrinkled skin. Use the following top tips to keep yourself hydrated:
- Exfoliate. This is an easy way to take care of your face without going to a fancy spa. A good exfoliating cleanser and toner can do wonders to help maintain your smooth skin. There are tons of exfoliating cleansers and toners available in drugstores and department stores. If you want to go deep into cleaning your face, however, you can try a medicated eye area wash. These are very effective at keeping dirt and bacteria from sticking and flaking on your eye area.
- Hydrate. When you take care of your face, you have to make sure that you get enough moisture in your system. Dry skin is prone to wrinkles and has rough spots that will rub off as you age. To keep smooth skin, hydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- Body Polish. Body polish is another wonderful weapon when it comes to smooth skincare. Body polish helps absorb oil and smooth your skin out so it looks younger and healthier.
- Acne. Nobody wants to have pimples, blackheads, blemishes, or acne. Although having smooth skin is great, it doesn’t help if your skin is also full of acne scars, pimples, and whiteheads. Acne can cause embarrassment and is one of the most common reasons why people skip out on skincare.
- Treating dry skin naturally. If you have an oily complexion, then treating your skin with a mild astringent may work for you. These products usually have tea tree oil, which can be very effective in reducing acne and acting as a great exfoliator as well. Another effective treatment for dry skin is milk thistle oil, which is very high in vitamin A and E and can act as a great moisturizer. You can also use lemon juice mixed with olive oil to massage onto your face. By combining these ingredients, you can find that you can get rid of dry and flaky skin and have smooth skin too.
- Using a daily moisturizer. You must moisturize every day, but when your skin becomes overly dry, it can lead to further problems. When you get dry skin, it can make you susceptible to breakouts and other types of acne. Using a moisturizer that contains Vitamin E and aloe vera can help relieve dry skin because it helps to re-hydrate and soothe the dry areas of your skin. It also can lock in moisture, so that your skin stays moist throughout the day.
- Body lotion. Just like with moisturizers, you’ll want to use a body lotion after every bath or shower. This will help restore the natural moisture levels in your body, giving your skin the moisture that it needs to stay smooth and healthy. There are many body lotion products available, but you should try to find ones that contain Shea butter, olive oil, and cocoa butter.
- Post shared jellies. While jellies make great finger foods, they are also good for creating a layer of warmth on your skin. If you want to have a smooth finish after you make a drink, you can refrigerate the jelly and place it under your make-up for an extra layer of smoothness. You can also use a post shared jelly on dry lips, to smooth them out.