No products in the cart.
Skin Care Advice
Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter products are created from a range of natural ingredients, to
enhance for your natural skin glow.
The Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Self Tanning range has been designed to cater for all skin types, including
Sensitive Skin & ladies traveling through their pregnancy stages.
The management of Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Self-Tanning products, encourages all users of our product
to carry out patch tests & to view the self – tan application video, created by the founder & CEO Marissa Carter.
On completion of your patch test, please consult your doctor immediately, if any skin irritation or blemishes are found.
Enjoy your natural skin glow, remember to post your Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter experiences on our Facebook.
Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter xx
The Natural Tanning Specialist
BEFORE you apply Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter…
The smoother your skin the better the application so exfoliate using Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter TOUGH STUFF 3 in 1 Body Scrub and moisturise your skin daily using Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Chocolate Whip oil-Free Body Moisturiser in the lead up to your tan application. On the day you are going to apply your tan make sure your skin is free from any lotions, potions, perfumes, deodorants or creams.
- A coat of nail polish to your nails on hands and feet. This prevents tan from staining the nail plate.
- An oil-free moisturiser such as Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser to areas such as feet, ankles, knees, elbows and hands. The skin is usually drier in these areas so this will ensure the colour of tan is even all over.
- A small amount of petroleum jelly through eyebrows. This prevents the tan from discolouring your eyebrows.
- If you have dark circles around your eyes, a little bit of petroleum jelly will stop the tan from further darkening the area.
- Wear loose, dark clothing while tan is developing and avoid water.
- If you like your tan to be light wait 1 hour before showering, for a medium colour wait 2 hours and for a darker shade wait 3 hours.
AFTER you apply Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter…
- When you shower for the first time after applying tan you can use shower gel but don’t exfoliate your skin.
- You can apply Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser after every shower to ensure your skin stays hydrated. This will also ensure your tan lasts longer and fades evenly.
- When you want to remove your tan or prepare for the next tanning application, use Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter TOUGH STUFF 3 in 1 Body Scrub. This will remove any old, stubborn tan.
Marissa gives her tanning tips on VaVaVoom TV. In this video, Marissa shares key tips and advice to achieve a professional looking tan at home yourself.
More Tips for Perfect Tanning from Marissa…
- If you prefer a darker tan, use Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter 1 HOUR TAN MOUSSE ‘DARK‘.
- Always apply Cocoa Brown with a Tanning Mitt for best results. The Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter PINK TANNING MITT will also prevent your hands from staining.
- Never apply fresh tan to skin that still has remnants of old tan on it because it will result in an uneven, patchy tan. Be sure to exfoliate all old tan with Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter award winning body scrub – TOUGH STUFF.
- I recommend that you patch test your skin by applying a small amount of tan to the inside of your arm two days before you plan to use Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter for the first time just to make sure you’re not allergic in any way.
- If you have any tanning queries get in touch here.